Things to Do in Sausalito
There are endless things to do in Sausalito ... whether you want to bike, hike, sail, shop or even just sit, eat and drink by the Bay–Sausalito has it all!
Please visit the Sausalito Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center (Chamber of Commerce) is located at the Sausalito Ferry Landing for Visitor Information and Referrals.
We can be reached by calling 415-331-7262 and located at 22 El Portal Avenue at Tracy Way.
The Sausalito Historical Center is (located at 780 Bridgeway) is currently closed due to Covid-19.
Tasting Rooms ... Wine, Caviar, Spirits!
Sausalito is not only the gateway to Wine Country, we bring it to you—Enjoy our Wine and Caviar Tasting Rooms right here while you visit our beautiful city!
- Gourmet Food & Wine Tours experts will take you on a culinary experience of Sausalito’s downtown village with colorful, renowned restaurants and optional wine. Walking tour is interspersed with culinary delights with delicious bites of local history.
- Real Napa offers hand crafted wines with a host of daily essentials to experience the Wine Country with a San Francisco view.
- Experience California Wine Country in downtown Sausalito with a view of the Bay at Bacchus & Venus Wine Tasting Room
- Hanson of Sonoma Distillery Tasting Room is in the heart of downtown, come enjoy the spectacular views of the Bay and explore the extensive art collection of Hanson Fine Art Gallery.
- Enjoy the best caviar in the USA at California Caviar Company! Book a reservation in their Bump Bar Tasting Room located on Bridgeway.
Unique Activities & Tours
Sausalito is full of fabulous places to see on land and by the bay. Explore all these activities and tours and make your stay memorable!
On the Waterfront
- Explore Sausalito through your discerning palate. Gourmet Food & Wine Tours has a passion for storytelling and creating elevating experiences that connect people through food & wine (3 hour tour)
- Check out the unique Floating Homes at the north end of town and houseboat tour in September
- Stroll the Docks of the Bay with a Waterfront Treasure Hunt and get an insider's perspective
Art Excursions & Tours
- Watercolor classes and team-building experiences with Art by Lucinda Eubanks
- Sign up for a ceramics class at Sausalito Pottery or other classes through the Parks & Recreation Department
Hidden Walkways, Stairs, Secrets & Tours
Discover the hidden walkways and stairs in the hills of Sausalito
- Check out the Sausalito Insiders Guide with over 1,000 locally-written pages with info & links for food, fun, music & activities
Our Artists & Galleries
Sausalito has long been famous for its many working artists and their studios, as well as the Open Studios held twice a year. The city is also home to a collection of fabulous galleries with investment quality fine art to whimsical creations.
Check our Event Calendar for dates.
Art Galleries include:
- Adele Gilani Art Gallery
- Bubble Street Gallery
- Burlwood Gallery
- Galerie Elektra
- Gallery Sausalito
- Hanson Gallery Fine Art
- Kokopelli Gallery
- Scrimshaw Gallery
- Studio 333 Downtown / Studio 333
- Tivoli Home Decor
- For a truly Sausalito experience, visit over 100 local artists in residence at the famous ICB Artist Studios at 480 Gate Five Road, Schoonmaker Artists at 10 Liberty Ship Way, and the MLK Buildings at 100 Ebbtide and 610 Coloma Streets at the north end of town.
- Visit Heath Ceramics for beautifully hand-crafted tableware and tile, gift ideas, wedding registry, factory store and historic factory tours.
Nautical & Adventure
- Looking for a once in a lifetime trip on the bay, book aboard Schooner Freda B for both for public sails and private charters.
- Take an Aerial Tour of the bay aboard Seaplane Adventures take in views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Muir Woods and more!
- Learn about Sausalito’s rich maritime history by taking a tour of the The Bay Model Visitor Center, Call of the Sea,
- Take a hike or coastal walk with Coastal Walkers.
- Have fun on a Kayak or Stand-Up Paddleboard with Sea Trek, serving water lovers since 1982 .
- Take sailing lessons with Modern Sailing School
- Charter a private boat with Shanutski - Charter Tours
- Visit the Spaulding Marine Center and learn about our Maritime history and boat building here in Sausalito!
Entertaining Kids of all ages
There are a number of wonderful activities and adventures or lovely parks and beaches for playing and a picnic—for kids of all ages in Sausalito!
- Public Beach is located at Schoonmaker Marina Beach
- Visit one of our playgrounds & basketball courts at Robin Sweeny Park on Caledonia Street, South View Park (North and Third Street), Dunphy Park, Gabrielson Park, Harrison Playground and Cloud View Park
- Take a trip out to Point Bointa YMCA for class, hike or group activity on the bluffs of the coast
Looking for information on Corporate Retreats, Conferences and Team Building?
We're pleased to partner with Visit Sausalito and the City of Sausalito's Destination Sausalito to provide the most wonderful stay and optimum experience in Sausalito. For more information visit their websites and follow them on social media. Everything you are looking for about Visiting Sausalito is here—Events, Specials and new content are always being added!
Tag them or follow them here #VisitSausalito @VisitSausalito #DestinationSausalito @DestinationSausalito
What Visitors are Saying
We talked with Patricia at the Visitor Info Desk by the ferry ... she’s better than google! She helped us figure out the best way for our family to do the Golden Gate Bridge—Thank you!
Kristina L. – Atlanta, GA
“After cycling from San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge we free-wheeled it down to Sausalito. It is a beautiful town with fantastic views over San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz and the city. Loads of great restaurants, bars and coffee shops to visit and it is definitely worth the visit. It made for a great day out and was one of the highlights of our trip!”
Jaco J. – United Kingdom