Things to Do in Sausalito
There are endless things to do in Sausalito ... whether you want to bike, hike, sail, shop or even just sit, eat and drink by the Bay–Sausalito has it all!
Please visit the Sausalito Chamber of Commerce Visitor Kiosk located at the Sausalito Ferry Landing (11am–4pm daily during peak season) for Visitor Information, Referrals, Dining and Activity Reservations, or call 415-331-1093.
The Chamber Office is located at 1913 Bridgeway and is open Monday–Friday or For Sausalito info call 415-331-7262.
The Sausalito Historical Visitor Center is located at 780 Bridgeway.
Sausalito is not only the gateway to Wine Country, we bring it to you—Enjoy our Wine and Caviar Tasting Rooms right here while you visit our beautiful city!
- Bacchus & Venus Wine Tasting Room
- Hanson of Sonoma Distillery Tasting Room in Hanson Fine Art Gallery
- Madrigal Family Vineyards Tasting Room & Art Salon
Enjoy the best caviar in the United States at California Caviar Company! Hand selected, sustainably harvested caviar of impeccable quality from around the world. Book a reservation in their Tasting Room located on Bridgeway.
Unique Activities & Tours
Sausalito is full of fabulous places to see on land and by the bay. Explore all these activities and tours and make your stay memorable!
On the Waterfront
- Check out the unique Floating Homes at the north end of town and houseboat tour in September
- Enjoy a magical tour inside a few famed houseboats ending with wine and cheese on the deck with Houseboat Wine and Water Tours
Stroll the Docks of the Bay with a Waterfront Treasure Hunt and get an insider's perspective
Art Excursions & Tours
- Watercolor classes and team-building experiences with Art by Lucinda Eubanks
- Sign up for a ceramics class at Sausalito Pottery or other classes through the Parks & Recreation Department
- Local artist and gallery owner Susan Sternau Studios has art lessons for kids and adults by appointment
Hidden Walkways, Stairs, Secrets & Tours
Experience the Spectacular Beauty of the Bay Area by bike with a Tour by Sausalito Bike Rental
Discover the hidden walkways and stairs in the hills of Sausalito
- Check out the Sausalito Insiders Guide with over 1,000 locally-written pages with info & links for food, fun, music & activities
Our Artists & Galleries
Sausalito has long been famous for its many working artists and their studios, as well as the Open Studios held twice a year. The city is also home to a collection of fabulous galleries with investment quality fine art to whimsical creations.
- Adele Gilani Art Gallery
- Bubble Street Gallery
- Burlwood Gallery
- Galerie Elektra
- Gallery Sausalito
- Hanson Gallery Fine Art
- Kokopelli Gallery
- Sports & History Gallery
- Scrimshaw Gallery
- Studio 333
- Studio 333 Downtown
- Susan Sterneau Studios
- Tivoli Home Decor
For a truly Sausalito experience, visit over 100 local artists in residence at the famous ICB Studios at 480 Gate Five Road, Schoonmaker Artists at 10 Liberty Ship Way, and the MLK Buildings at 100 Ebbtide and 610 Coloma Streets at the north end of town.
Visit Heath Ceramics for beautifully hand-crafted tableware and tile, gift ideas, wedding registry, factory store and historic factory tours.
Nautical & Adventure
- Learn about Sausalito’s rich maritime history by taking a tour of the The Bay Model Visitor Center, Call of the Sea, Take a hike or coastal walk with Coastal Walkers
- Have fun on a Kayak or Stand-Up Paddleboard with Sea Trek, serving water lovers since 1982 .
- Take sailing lessons with Modern Sailing School
- Charter a boat with Sailing Fearless
- Visit the Spaulding Marine Center and learn about our Maritime history and boat building here in Sausalito!
Photo: Thomas Rosencrantz Photography
Entertaining Kids of all ages
There are a number of wonderful activities and adventures or lovely parks and beaches for playing and a picnic—for kids of all ages in Sausalito!
- Public Beach is located at Schoonmaker Marina Beach
- Visit one of our playgrounds & basketball courts at Robin Sweeny Park on Caledonia Street, South View Park (North and Third Street), Dunphy Park, Gabrielson Park, Harrison Playground and Cloud View Park
- Take a trip out to Point Bointa YMCA for class, hike or group activity on the bluffs of the coast
What Visitors are Saying
We talked with Patricia at the Visitor Info Desk by the ferry ... she’s better than google! She helped us figure out the best way for our family to do the Golden Gate Bridge—Thank you!
Kristina L. – Atlanta, GA
“After cycling from San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge we free-wheeled it down to Sausalito. It is a beautiful town with fantastic views over San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz and the city. Loads of great restaurants, bars and coffee shops to visit and it is definitely worth the visit. It made for a great day out and was one of the highlights of our trip!”
Jaco J. – United Kingdom