Sausalito Chamber of Commerce offers its members an unlimited opportunity to meet people. Your investment in membership gives you a new business partner or additional arm of your business with top-flight business and professional men and women.
Some of the many ways to engage with other members, as well as the community, is through monthly Business Exchange Forums, Evening Business Mixers, ribbon cuttings, and regular monthly committee meetings and community focus groups, meetings and through our multiple seasonal special events.
You will find that with such an active Chamber, you can meet new people almost every day of the month. Using the opportunity to network will build lasting relationships, which creates referrals and lifelong business partners. Referrals are one of the most powerful tools available to business. The Chamber maintains a very strong referral program, always recommending our members to others.
Members find that we are a powerful platform from which they can launch new advertising campaigns and marketing programs. We include marketing tools within the membership level you choose to help stretch your marketing dollars.
Membership not only keeps you informed but also supports you with information, seminars, resources and a voice of business on topics such as legislation, taxes, employment, transportation and many other issues.
We believe that if you get engaged in networking, market your business and use the information provided, then your business is equipped to be successful!
Promote Your Business Locally & Internationally
- Business categorical listing on the Chamber website with a direct link to your web site. 25,000 visitors to Sausalito.org per month
- Opportunity to enhance your listing with expanded website information
- Affordable Advertising opportunities on both chamber websites in several visible locations, and 1,000 businesses in Sausalito
- Job Listings and Hot Deal postings
- Community Calendar listings
- Brochure & Business Card Display opportunities at the chamber office and downtown Visitor Kiosk
- Opportunity to be listed on the Sausalito Visitor’s Map. Maps are distributed annually to visitors through the Sausalito Visitor’s Center, and concierge staff at major San Francisco and Bay Area hotels
- Map advertisers are listed at VisitSausalito our website for Visitors with complimentary WiFi
- Opportunities for Visitor Kiosk Advertising at the downtown Ferry Landing
- Opportunity to be listed on the DestinationSausalito website
- Brochure & Business Card Display opportunities at the downtown Ferry Landing
- Cooperative advertising, event sponsorship of exclusive Chamber events including: Annual Concierge Tour, Gingerbread House Tour, Sausalito Holiday by the Bay and many other visitor and local promotional programs throughout the year
- Affinity Programs available for Chamber Members (please contact the Chamber to obtain these services)
- Chamber Office Services – Copies, Fax Service, Certificate of Orgins
- Office Depot Savings Program
Professional events at which you can expand your network of business referral contacts:
- Monthly Business Exchange Meetings
- Monthly Networking Mixers
- Weekly B2B e-newsletters
- Social Media exposure
- Ribbon Cuttings & Promotion opportunities for New Businesses
- Special Committee Meetings & Forums
- Community Events & Activities
- Professional Development, Educational Programs & Events
- Business Affinity Programs
Government & Community Representation
Through the Business Advisory Council, Hospitality Business Development Committee, Business Economic Development and other committee participation, chamber board members and staff meet monthly with City staff, elected officials and key opinion leaders. This collective voice participation allows increased access to address issues affecting maintenance and promotion of your business, on a city, state, and national level.Member To Member Discounts
We encourage our members to support fellow businesses by eating, drinking, shopping and do business with fellow Chamber members. Take advantage of the many Member to Member discounts and your membership can pay itself in a matter of months. Watch b2b and the Chamber website for discounts currently being offered.Action Committees & Community Focus Groups
Members can participate in groups which best strengthen their business: Business Economic Development, Hospitality Business Development Committee, Education and Training, Membership, and Special Events.Special Events
Each year, there are many annual, special events in which to celebrate and participate. The Chamber sponsors and co-sponsors, the following:Artists Open Studios, Celebrate Sausalito, Chili Cook-Off, Gingerbread House Tour, Jazz by the Bay, Sausalito ArtWalk, Sausalito Art Festival, Sausalito Film Series, 12 Days of Christmas (Holidays in Sausalito) and Winterfest.Dates are always changing and new events and programs are being added.
For an up to date Calendar of Events, please visit our Chamber Calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I work with the Chamber to Build my Business Network?
Your Chamber membership is similar to a gym membership. The more you attend and participate in the activities, the more you will gain and achieve. The goal of all Chamber programs is to provide the opportunity to make new contacts, and strengthen the relationships you have.
2. Who are Chamber members?
The Sausalito Chamber of Commerce has a membership of approximately 300 members, representing a wide variety of businesses and individuals related to services, hospitality, dining, shopping, lodging, attractions, transportation, and consultants. Explore our Business Directory
3. If my company is a Chamber member, am I a member as well?
Yes, when your company is a member, all the employees have full access to Chamber events, programs, and activities. There are some exceptions to this rule so please feel free to contact the Chamber at 415-331-7262 if you need further clarification.
4. How do I Join a Committee?
The Chamber’s various committees (Business Exchange, Membership, Mixer) create the content and activities of their respective program. You can contribute as a member, or depending upon your level of expertise and experience, as a committee chair. For more information contact the Chamber at 415-331-7262.
5. How do I Figure Out which Meetings I Should Attend?
You are welcome at all of them. Mixers tend to be more for social and business networking. Business Exchange hosts a set agenda involving Chamber, City and Community representatives, and we have educational programs and lectures as topics arise.
Chamber Activities & Networking
Monthly Business Exchange Forum
Business Exchange Forum is held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, from 8:00-9:30am. The locations of the forums vary each month. Check our Event Calendar for set meeting locations.
Business Exchange is a monthly business meeting where Chamber members, the Chamber Chair and CEO, the City Manager and representatives from the Chamber Board of Directors and City Council meet to discuss current business issues and to promote upcoming events and programs. Hosting a Business Exchange Meeting or a Mixer is a great opportunity to showcase you business.
The Business Exchange Committee sets the Agenda of topics to be presented and discussed, one week in advance of the meeting. Agendas are emailed our to members on the Friday prior to the meeting. If you would like to have a particular topic discussed at the meeting, please contact the Chamber at 415-331-7262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior the meeting.
Chamber Mixers are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month, from 5:30-7:30pm. Mixers are an opportunity for both Chamber and non-Chamber members to meet and network, in an informal setting.
The locations of the Mixers vary each month. Check our Event Calendar for set meeting locations. Hosting a Mixer is a great opportunity to showcase you business. We have already scheduled our locations for the upcoming year, but if you are interested in being a host, please contact the Chamber at 415-331-7262 or email email@example.com.
Sausalito is proud to host a wide range of special events and activities, year-round, for old and young alike. One of the most important events held every year is the Sausalito Art Festival which attracts thousands of people to Sausalito over Labor Day weekend. The Sausalito Chamber runs a food booth at the Sausalito Art Festival, along with many of the other non-profit organizations in Sausalito. We encourage Chamber members to volunteer to work at the food booth as it is a great opportunity to meet other Chamber members and business people as well as local residents and visitors to town.
No matter what the season, Sausalito offers a full calendar of festive street fairs and parades, as well as outdoor concerts and special events on the waterfront. Such events include: The Hotel Concierge Tour in Spring, Jazz by the Bay in Gabrielson Park in Summer, Chili Cook Off and Celebrate Sausalito in the Fall and the Gingerbread House in the Winter. There truly is something for everyone year round.
For more details on these events and many more, visit our Events Calendar.
Small Group Forums & Meetings
The Sausalito Chamber also organizes small group forums for specific sectors of the business and resident community. Some of small group forums we host, include the Sausalito Resident Focus Group, Women in Business, the Caledonia Merchants and the Home Based Business Forum.
If you are interested in joining one of these small groups or if would like to set up a small group forum, please contact the Chamber: 415-331-7262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Committee!
All our events and Chamber activities need a group of organized people to generate enthusiasm and keep activities fresh. By joining a committee you will meet new people, have the opportunity to promote your business and get involved for a great cause!
- Ambassador (Member Mentoring) Committee
- Business Exchange Meetings (2nd Tuesday of every month)
- Caledonia Street Merchants Meetings
- Hospitality Business Development Committee
- Marin Economic Forum
- Marketing & PR
- Membership and Business Education Committee
- Night Owls
- Nominating Committee (meets as needed)
- Public Affairs Committee
- Website Committee
To Join a committee email: email@example.com
Chamber Events & Programs
For an up to date Calendar of Events visit our Chamber Calendar
- Celebrate Sausalito Awards Gala
- Chamber Food Booth at Sausalito Art Festival (Labor Day Weekend)
- Concierge & Destination Management Companies “Fam” Tour
- Gingerbread House Tour (Dec 1-31)
- Mixers (3rd Thursday of every month)
- Sausalito Film Series (select seasonal dates)
- Sausalito Lighted Boat Parade & Winterfest (Friday Dec 7- Sunday Dec 9)
What members are saying about us
Gene Hiller Menswear has been a member of the Sausalito Chamber of Commerce for over 40 years. Our current Chamber has been the most productive in most difficult times. The Chamber's ability to network Businesses and City officals has been priceless.
- Tom Gangitano, VP Gene Hiller Inc.
I want to thank you for encouraging me to join the Chamber of Commerce. After coming back to manage the gallery that Scott and I have owned in Sausalito for over twenty-five years, joining the Chamber of Commerce was the best thing I could have done for our business.
Today, I went to my first Business Exchange meeting, I was so impressed with the group. The professionalism and the willingness to assist each other was refreshing. Already I feel so much more a part of this community and the interesting mix of people that make our city so special.
On a personal note, I have found the chamber to be a dynamic, engaging and a passionate leader for our business community. I look forward to being part of the business community and contributing in any way I can.