Shop Like A Local
Sausalito Books by the Bay is a community supported independent bookstore providing the finest in reading enjoyment for the people of Sausalito, our neighbors, friends, family and visitors from around the world. We like to think of ourselves as a community center, carrying on the tradition of bookstores from the past.
Sausalito Books by the Bay is a community supported independent bookstore providing the finest in reading enjoyment for the people of Sausalito, our neighbors, friends, family and visitors from around the world.
There is nothing like holding a real book in your hand. Or talking to a bookseller who is passionate about books and can take you on a tour of every bookshelf in the shop. Click your way to our online store or better yet stop in to our location in downtown Sausalito to peruse a variety of literature for all audiences!
Shop Caledonia Street
Trending on Caledonia
- Be sure to stop in some cool new stores and galleries rounding out Caledonia Street.
- Looking for something one of a kind? Sweet Vintage has an array of beautiful clothing and accessories, Vintage and Used High End Items
- Tivoli Decor is a great place to find unique things that are stylish, sculptural, interesting and will accent any home!
- Adele Gilani Art Gallery is an art gallery featuring works by living artists from California and beyond that is bold, inspiring and memorable.
- Sausalito Optometry uses state of the art ophthalmic equipment, comprehensive eye care services, and carries an extensive selection of designer eyewear for all ages.
- Driver’s Market is a family-run market offering organic produce, natural foods, a fine selection of wines and a fabulous deli with fresh prepared foods.
- Katya Glass Jewelry is an artisan-crafted collection of uniquely-styled and brilliantly-colored sterling silver and fused glass jewelry.
- Sandrino, Sushi Ran and Smitty’s Bar make Caledonia a robust and multi-faceted restaurant and bar destination.
- Sausalito Picture Framing has cornered the local market for quality picture framing and Waterstreet Hardware & Marine is a veritable hardware emporium with everything from screwdrivers and paint to coffee pots and foul weather gear.
Local Favorites Downtown
Check out these great spots Downtown
- Hook House is our newest boutique featuring local items from small vendors, vintage pieces including jewelry, hats, clothing, leather goods, books and more.
- Angelino Restaurant now features a pastry bar Friday–Sunday stocked with long-time favorite Cibo pastries.
- Local family and winemakers Real Napa Winery is a favorite tasting room featuring their own Napa wines.
- LoveMarin is a one of a kind gallery and retail store downtown featuring local landscape photography, handmade home decor and much more.
- Sausalito Books by the Bay, Games People Play, Sausalito Ferry Company and Soxalito are favorites among locals and tourist alike!
- Contemporary and designer jewelry can be found at Sausalito Jewelers, silver and fun fashion jewelry at Burlwood Gallery blends art and one-of-a-kind pieces.
- Kokopelli Gallery specializes in Native American arts and jewelry pieces from America's southwest and the world beyond.
- Stores such as Hubba Hubba and Soxalito all offer a wide variety of women’s fashion, style and price range. Only in Sausalito has the largest retailer of gifts and apparel.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Sausalito Sweets, our very own retro candy shop serving local ice cream, chocolates & homemade fudge.
- Artisan galleries and venues including Bachhus & Venus, Gallery Sausalito, and Scrimshaw Gallery.
- Be sure to stop in at Sausalito's very own Hanson Distillery Tasting Room inside their parent company Hanson Fine Art Gallery
- Great restaurants: Copita, Napa Valley Burger Company and The Barrel House Tavern have joined the downtown restaurant ranks along with long time local favorites Angelino, Aurora Ristorante, Poggio Trattoria, Scoma’s, The Trident and The Spinnaker.