Staying informed about our Community
At the Business Exchange meeting Sausalito Police Chief, John Rohrbacher brought us up to date with the ongoing efforts to keep Sausalito citizens and businesses safe. Two suggested website registries were suggested for up to date information.
In an attempt to keep the citizens and business community of Sausalito as informed as possible regarding law enforcement activities as well as natural disasters and other emergencies, the Sausalito Police Department and the Disaster Preparedness-Emergency Operations Program has entered an agreement with Nixle.com. Nixle is a service that will allow individuals to receive trusted, up-to-date information regarding the City of Sausalito.
Alert Marin Emergency Notification System
If you live, work or go to school in Marin County and are 18 and over, you may now register your cell phone or VoIP (voice over internet protocol) phone to receive emergency alerts sent by call, text, email, or smartphone application from the County of Marin. This includes information about:
- flooding, wildfires, and subsequent evacuations;
- public safety incidents including crimes that affect your neighborhood;
- and post-disaster information about shelters, transportation, or supplies.
In the event of a disaster, you may be on your own for 5-7 days.
- ReadyMarin Checklist bundle
- FEMA: www.ready.gov
- What Foods to Store: www.ready.gov/food
- American Red Cross disaster apps: www.redcross.org/prepare/mobile-apps
- Get Ready Quick: www.totallyunprepared.com/get-ready-quick
- Storing Water Guidelines: www.ready.gov/managing-water
- FEMA: Family Communication Plan
- Prepare for a Wildfire - FIRESafe MARIN
- Red Cross Tools & Checklists: www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster-safety-library
- Address placard order form Address_placard_order_form.pdf