Things to Do in Sausalito
There are endless things to do in Sausalito ... whether you want to bike, hike, sail, shop or even just sit, eat and drink by the Bay --Sausalito has it all!
Please visit the Sausalito Chamber of Commerce Visitor Kiosk located at the Sausalito Ferry Landing (11am–4pm daily) for Visitor Information, Referrals, Dining and Activity Reservations, or call 415-331-1093.
The Chamber Office is located at 1913 Bridgeway and is open Monday–Friday or For Sausalito info call 415-331-7262.
The Sausalito Historical Visitor Center is located at 780 Bridgeway.
Plan your trip in advance by visiting our map designed by cartoonist Phil Frank.
Sausalito -- Two Hours or Two Days
Plan your trip to Sausalito in advance! Whether you are coming for a 'two hours' or a 'two days' --there's lots to and see!
Where's the best place to visit for the iconic Sausalito photo?
Sausalito Portuguese Heritage Walking Tour - Guidebook
The Sausalito Portuguese Hall has created a self-guided walking tour through Sausalito and its surroundings that features structures and locations with a connection with Sausalito’s long Portuguese-American history.
Sample some great wines without the trek to Napa Valley right here in Sausalito! Visit one of our tasting rooms
Explore Sausalito through your discerning palate by taking a tasting tour of some of the best restaurants, expert pairings with rich stories of our town's past!
Discover the hidden walkways and stairs in the hills of Sausalito
- Take a tour of historic Heath Ceramics and their beautiful retail store
- Sign up for a ceramics class at Sausalito Pottery or other classes through the Parks & Recreation Department
- Local artist and gallery owner Susan Sternau Studios has art lessons for kids and adults by appointment
- Check out the unique Floating Homes at the north end of town and houseboat tour in September
- Enjoy a world Class cooking class for up to 20 people at Cavallo Point Cooking School
There are a number of wonderful activities and adventures or lovely parks and beaches for playing and a picnic—for kids of all ages in Sausalito!
- Public Beach is located at Schoonmaker Marina Beach
- Visit one of our playgrounds & basketball courts at Robin Sweeny Park on Caledonia Street, South View Park (North and Third Street), Dunphy Park, Gabrielson Park, Harrison Playground and Cloud View Park
- Take a trip out to Point Bointa YMCA for class, hike or group activity on the bluffs of the coast
If you have family or friends looking for accommodations (or you just want to run away from home, but not too far), Sausalito offers a range of overnight options. Whether it’s an intimate bed & breakfast, a main street hotel, waterfront inn, or world class resort, you’ll find all the big city amenities as well as Sausalito’s signature hospitality.
Alternative types of lodging include:
Our Artists & Galleries
Sausalito has long been famous for its many working artists and their studios, as well as the Open Studios held twice a year. The city is also home to a collection of fabulous galleries with investment quality fine art to whimsical creations.
- Imari (by appointment)
- Sports & History Gallery
- Scrimshaw Gallery
- Studio 333
- Studio 333 Downtown
- Susan Sterneau Studios
For a truly Sausalito experience, visit over 100 local artists in residence at the famous ICB Studios at 480 Gate Five Road, Schoonmaker Artists at 10 Liberty Ship Way, and the MLK Buildings at 100 Ebbtide and 610 Coloma streets at the north end of town.
Visit Heath Ceramics for beautifully hand-crafted tableware and tile, gift ideas, wedding registry, factory store and historic factory tours.
Nautical & Adventure
- Learn about Sausalito’s rich maritime history by taking a tour of the The Bay Model Visitor Center, Call of the Sea, Spaulding Wooden Boat Center a private or walking tour with A Sausalito Wooden Boat Tour
- Have fun on a Kayak or Stand-Up Paddleboard with Sea Trek, serving water lovers since 1982 or row in one of the most beautiful bays in the world with Open Water Rowing Center.
- Take sailing lessons with Modern Sailing School
- Charter a yacht or boat with Five Stars Yacht, Sailing Fearless or SF Bay Adventures