Things to Do in Sausalito
There are endless things to do in Sausalito ... whether you want to bike, hike, sail, shop or even just sit, eat and drink by the Bay --Sausalito has it all!
Please visit the Sausalito Chamber of Commerce Visitor Kiosk located at the Sausalito Ferry Landing (10 am - 4pm daily) for Visitor Information, Referals, Dining and Activity Reservations, or call 415-331-1093.
The Chamber Office is located at 1913 Bridgeway and is open Monday - Friday. or For more Sausalito info please call 415-331-7262 ext. 10.
The Sausalito Historical Visitor Center is located at 780 Bridgeway.
Plan your trip in advance by visiting our map designed by cartoonist Phil Frank.
Two Hours or Two Days
Plan your trip to Sausalito in advance! Whether you are coming for a 'two hours' or a 'two days' --there's lots to and see!
Where's the best place to visit for the iconic Sausalito photo?
Sausalito Portuguese Heritage Walking Tour - Guidebook
The Sausalito Portuguese Hall has created a self-guided walking tour through Sausalito and its surroundings that features structures and locations with a connection with Sausalito’s long Portuguese-American history.
Unique Activities & Tours
Discover the hidden walkways and stairs in the hills of Sausalito
- Take a tour of historic Heath Ceramics and their beautiful retail store
- Sign up for a cooking class at ITK Culinary, a ceramics class at Sausalito Pottery or other classes through the Parks & Recreation Department
- Check out the unique Floating Homes at the north end of town and houseboat tour in September
Wine Tasting --
Right here in Sausalito!
Sample some greatwines without the trek to Napa Valley right here in Sausalito!
Entertaining Kids of all ages
There are a number of wonderful activities and adventures or lovely parks and beaches for playing and picnicing--for kids of all ages in Sausalito!
- Publc Beach is located at Schoonmaker Marina Beach
- The playgrounds & basketball courts at Robin Sweeny Park on Caledonia Street, South View Park (North and Third Street), Dunphy Park, Gabrielson Park, Harrison Playground and Cloud View Park
If you have family or friends looking for accommodations (or you just want to run away from home, but not too far), Sausalito offers a range of overnight options. Whether it’s an intimate bed & breakfast, a main street hotel, waterfront inn, or world class resort, you’ll find all the big city amenities as well as Sausalito’s signature hospitality.
Our Artists & Galleries
Sausalito has long been famous for its many working artists and their studios, as well as the Open Studios held twice a year. The city is also home to a collection of fabulous galleries with investment quality fine art to whimsical creations.
Art Galleries include:
- Mark Reuben Gallery
- Nana's Treasurers & Antiques
For a truly Sausalito experience, visit over 100 local artists in residence at the famous ICB Studios at 480 Gate Five Road, Schoonmaker Artists at 10 Liberty Ship Way, and the MLK Buildings at 100 Ebbtide and 610 Coloma at the north end of town.
Nautical & Adventure
- Learn about Sausalito’s rich maritime history by taking a tour of the The Bay Model Visitor Center, Call of the Sea, Spaulding Wooden Boat Center a private tour with TG Travel Group or a walking tour with A Sausalito Wooden Boat Tour
- Have fun on a Kayak or Stand-Up Paddleboard with Sea Trek, serving water lovers since 1982!
- Take sailing lessons with Modern Sailing School
- Charter a yacht or boat with Five Stars Yacht, Empress Cruises or SF Bay Adventures
- Experience the excitement of a water taxi across the bay with Tideline Marine Group or a seaplane tour with Seaplane Adventures
Live. Work. Play.